Programs of Chemistry
The aims of department of chemistry are to contribute to the student's understanding of chemistry's place within the sciences and in today's industrial and business world, and to provide students concentrating in this field with a thorough and practical education that will be useful in teaching or in industrial, technical, or graduate work.
The mission of the Department of Chemistry,
- Having personals known as responsible and concentrated to response to the university needs,
- Prepare students known as an innovative individuals with high skilled specialtes for presenting quality services,
- Use available resources and facilities in an massive and appropriate way.
- Increased the university development,
- Supply a suitable environment for the students to improve their self and rich their bests.
The Chemistry Department
- providing a comprehensive, relevant curriculum to students,
- training students for careers in academia, industry and government,
- conducting significant research in chemistry,
- Gaining the universal Exchange of ideas, independent thought, and the highest ethical standards are our vission.
For Turkish Citizens-Master's Degree Programmes for MA/MS
- Holding an undergraduate degree
- Having a minimum score of 55 from ALES (Examination for Academic Personnel and Postgraduate Education) in the test type the programme applied for; or an equaling score from GRE or GMAT
- Applicants are required to have a minimum score of 50 from UDS or KPDS (Governmental Foreign Language Proficiency Test) in one of the English, French or German languages; or must have an equaling score from the exams specified by the Committee of Higher Education.
For Turkish Citizens-Doctorate Degree Programmes
- Holding either an undergraduate or post graduate degree
- Having a minimum score of 55 from ALES (Examination for Academic Personnel and Postgraduate Education) in the part of the programme applied for; or an equaling score from GRE or GMAT
- Applicants must have a minimum score of 50 from UDS or KPDS (Governmental Foreign Language Proficiency Test) in one of the languages of English, French or German; or must have an equaling score from the exams specified by the Committee of Higher Education.
- With undergraduate degree applications, applicants should have a minimum score of 70 from ALES in the test type of the programme applied for; or an equaling score from GRE or GMAT. With TUS (National Test of Speciality in Medicine) score applications to Health Sciences Institute, minimum basic medicine score of 50 is required from TUS for the graduates of Faculty Medicine.
For International Students-Master's Degree Programmes
- Holding either a bachelor's or a master's degree.
The applications of international students from countries that have a cultural agreement with Turkey, or from Turkish and Relative Communities are evaluated by taking the reference letters, grade point average, the courses they have taken during their master's studies or undergraduate studies and other personal documents into consideration by the related main branch directorate and the applicants whose scientific proficiency level is evaluated as "satisfying" may be accepted to masters programmes they applied for.
The foreign language for international students is Turkish. The foreign applicants who get the required score from the Test of Turkish Language Proficiency, conducted by an academic jury of three, who are chosen by the board of chairs of the related institution, are eligible to continue the master's or doctorate programme. The ones who fail the language exam are considered as "on leave" for one year in order to learn Turkish language. Students who fail Turkish Language Proficiency Test within one year's time lose their registration right to masters or doctorate programmes.
In addition to the Turkish Language Proficiency Test, foreign applicants who apply for programmes where the medium of instruction is another foreign language are given an oral exam in that language as well. The applicants who fail in this exam are given one year's time to improve that language. The applicants who fail the language test in the given time lose their registration right. There is a requirement of ALES for international students with an undergraduate or master's degree; however there is no requirement for a minimum score of 55.
There is no ALES requirement for international students holding a bachelor's or master's degree from foreign universities.