Programs of Mathematics
- Training qualified mathematicians with academic freedom who can keep up with international developments as well as is objective, creative, innovative, participatory
- Maintaining high quality education;
- By keeping quality of the research at the top, to provide information and technological contribution for the national and international problems
- Giving the high-quality mathematics education by graduate and doctorate programs, having the beackground of maintaining learning, teaching and research activities.
- Training researchers and scientists, using the resources for benefit of the society and the interests of the country as well as equipped with the information of reaching, producing and applying the knowledge for the cultural, economic, scientific development of our society and humanity.
- Training qualified researchers who contributes to science and technology and does not compromise science ethics
- Focusing on advanced-level studies at national and international level as a contemporary department
- Being a preferred program in Turkey and world with the quality of training, education, and research
- Attempting to resolve problems of our country especially problems of our region.
For Turkish Citizens-Master's Degree Programmes for MA/MS
- Holding an undergraduate degree
- Having a minimum score of 55 from ALES (Examination for Academic Personnel and Postgraduate Education) in the test type the programme applied for; or an equaling score from GRE or GMAT
- Applicants are required to have a minimum score of 50 from UDS or KPDS (Governmental Foreign Language Proficiency Test) in one of the English, French or German languages; or must have an equaling score from the exams specified by the Committee of Higher Education.
For Turkish Citizens-Doctorate Degree Programmes
- Holding either an undergraduate or post graduate degree
- Having a minimum score of 55 from ALES (Examination for Academic Personnel and Postgraduate Education) in the part of the programme applied for; or an equaling score from GRE or GMAT
- Applicants must have a minimum score of 50 from UDS or KPDS (Governmental Foreign Language Proficiency Test) in one of the languages of English, French or German; or must have an equaling score from the exams specified by the Committee of Higher Education.
- With undergraduate degree applications, applicants should have a minimum score of 70 from ALES in the test type of the programme applied for; or an equaling score from GRE or GMAT. With TUS (National Test of Speciality in Medicine) score applications to Health Sciences Institute, minimum basic medicine score of 50 is required from TUS for the graduates of Faculty Medicine.
For International Students-Master's Degree Programmes
- Holding either a bachelor's or a master's degree.
The applications of international students from countries that have a cultural agreement with Turkey, or from Turkish and Relative Communities are evaluated by taking the reference letters, grade point average, the courses they have taken during their master's studies or undergraduate studies and other personal documents into consideration by the related main branch directorate and the applicants whose scientific proficiency level is evaluated as "satisfying" may be accepted to masters programmes they applied for.
The foreign language for international students is Turkish. The foreign applicants who get the required score from the Test of Turkish Language Proficiency, conducted by an academic jury of three, who are chosen by the board of chairs of the related institution, are eligible to continue the master's or doctorate programme. The ones who fail the language exam are considered as "on leave" for one year in order to learn Turkish language. Students who fail Turkish Language Proficiency Test within one year's time lose their registration right to masters or doctorate programmes.
In addition to the Turkish Language Proficiency Test, foreign applicants who apply for programmes where the medium of instruction is another foreign language are given an oral exam in that language as well. The applicants who fail in this exam are given one year's time to improve that language. The applicants who fail the language test in the given time lose their registration right. There is a requirement of ALES for international students with an undergraduate or master's degree; however there is no requirement for a minimum score of 55.
There is no ALES requirement for international students holding a bachelor's or master's degree from foreign universities.